home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

7.18.2008

stickee-buns review

Today's Review on a Stickee-Buns Onesie and Pants set!


What are Stickee-Buns you ask? They are onesies and pants that have non-slip "buns" on the back of them to "help keep babies from sliding and schlumping down, from their original position." Stickee-Buns was created by Shannon, when at 2 am her daughter Kate wouldn't stop sliding off of her during her feeding due to the fact that Shannon was wearing silky pajamas. So after 9 months of "reviewing designs and prototypes", Shannon and her husband created Stickee-Buns!

Calvin has a pair of Stickee-Buns and let me tell you, first of all, they are just so cute! Doesn't he look adorable in them? :) Plus, the fabric that Shannon chose to use for her onesies and pants is nice and thick, and soft. One thing I liked also, the sleeves, I know this seems a little off topic, but to me the sleeves are the perfect length and I like where she hemmed it too, it just looks really cute.

Okay, enough about sleeves I suppose. The Stickee-Buns on them are similar to the gripping on the bottom of socks (gripper socks?). And they have definitely helped to keep Calvin in place. Now Calvin is a little older, so for the more part he's able to hold himself up pretty well, but for the times that he's not (like in his umbrella stroller, for some reason he's always schlumping down in it), his Stickee-Buns have been so helpful! I'm able to sit him up properly and he'll stay sitting that way. I love it! And I'm sure you will too!

If you head on over there, you'll notice that Calvin is on the front page! It's so fun going to a page and seeing your little guys smiling face :)

http://www.stickeebuns.com/cgi/stickeebuns-bin/access.cgi

Stumble Upon Toolbar

71 Thoughts:

seeryusfam@msn.com said...

Brilliant!! Who would have thought! I love the fact that the kiddie stays in place...no more wiggle worm. Very clever!

seeryusfam@msn.com

Reeva said...

great idea -- great for little ones who are about to take a picture!

not only will the parents appreciate it, the photographers will too :)

Kristinia - Loving Heart Mommy said...

The fact that the outfits are non-slip is pretty handy, this would be great for diaper changing!

phillipsonlygirl (at) gmail (dot) com

Kristinia - Loving Heart Mommy said...

We blogged and also added your button!

http://kristiniac.blogspot.com/2008/07/tgif.html

windycindy said...

Happy Friday, They are adorable looking sets! The packaging is wonderful. I also like how they work with friction. Please enter me in your delightful contest. Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

maudlin~*~maudlin said...

I would definitely say that I was surprised to learn that the 'stickee bun' motif is actually functional! Very cool!! My first baby is due in November and I'd love to get some stickee buns for him/her! The site was making me strangely hungry too :)

volgna@hotmail.com

pierce said...

The flash animation on the site is impressive! The outfit on the baby on the inspiration page looks adorable. Id like to see the pastry pink pants on my daughter.

Doreen said...

Very cute! Love the set of stickee buns! purposedrivenlife4you AT gmail DOT com

Doreen said...

I have your button up!

Joye said...

What a clever idea for breastfeeding! Non-slip babies hehe Thanks!
I have your badge.

joye5789(at) bellsouth.net

Bunny B said...

I've your cute button HERE!
Thanks!
bunnybox9 at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

Great product! I never thought about it!! Awesome way to get kids to stay in place! Cute site too! :) Love the voice over.
bunnybox9 at gmail . com

Bunny B said...

I've also blogged HERE! Thanks!
bunnybox9 at gmail . com

Brenda said...

What a smart idea! Babies always tend to slide down and get into such strange uncomfortable positions. It would be nice to see these in action.

brenda@expressions-studio dot com

hdmama said...

Thats a wonderful idea and it's so cute!

tami said...

i like how pants are packaged with the onesie becuz with the fall temps i need both :)

tami said...

i added your button to my blog for an extra entry!

bison61 said...

great idea-no more sliding babies!

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Abby said...

What a fabulous idea! We were always using blankets, burp cloths, anything rolled up to prop our babies up better. Stickee Buns solves that problem! Not only are they cute just in the design, but functional too!

holycraft.blogspot.com
warmington-family.blogspot.com

Betty N said...

These are soooooo cute! And I love the practical no-slip function that they perform....they are certainly a winner!

Sassy Pink Boutique said...

Oh my gosh these are amazing! What a wonderful and creative idea. They get my vote for new product of the year!

blueviolet said...

They're non-stick and won't peel off. That's a nice change from most clothing!
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net

Jane said...

I love how they are not only functional, but super cute, and come in sets.

smash_cakes said...

What a great idea! I know how "slippery" baby can be and aren't steady, this is a wonderful idea and product! I am definitely bookmarking this one!!

tbass16@msn.com

Rochelle said...

Who cares about being functional .. they're just too darn cute! I want my daughter to have sticky buns on her buns! LOL

crabcreek@yahoo.com

Marci said...

What a cute idea - I especially love that they they won't slide down in their swings - my girls always did that!
marci6tx(at)msn(dot)com

Jackalyn said...

What a unique idea! You must have a very creative mind to have come up with such a useful and cute item.

cdrury said...

Would love to win this - thanks!!!
cdrury@gmail.com
these are so cute - immediately ordered a pair for my new grandbaby!!

jbubolz-miller said...

im impressed she thought of it at 2 am!

camper223 said...

Our non-slip Stickee-BunsTM are strategically placed on the "buns" and back of our clothing, creating friction, to help keep babies in an upright position.
This is so fantastic. I use to use a no slip grip placemat for my kids this is so much better idea.
Would love to win a blue set for grandson due in September because he will need this prize.
Thank you again for having this contests and offering such unique and much needed prizes.

laura said...

How adorable! A functional need fulfilled in the cutest way. I like the the company is parent founded and owned, I love to hear stories like this with a great product. laurachilton {at} hotmail {dot} com

bookworm said...

I do like that they stay in place, no more slipping around. Great designs!

val said...

the most impressive thing you did was to tie your name in as a marketing tool with the stickee buns that keep your child from slipping. BRILLIANT way to market your product. As for the items themselves...they are super adorable!

valpowery(at)yahoo(dot)com

Whimsical Creations said...

I would like an extra entry. i added a your link in my blog.

:-) melanie
www.melaniescrafts.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I love they won't get wedgies My poor daughter LOL. Great giveaway.
hermashaw@gmail.com

- Marybeth I. said...

I love that they have giftboxes. This would make a nice baby gift - packaged and ready to go

Storm said...

I love how cute the design is, and then to be able to make it no slip is just genius!

Mama Hill said...

I like that they put the buns on the back of the bodysuit as well! Thanks!

Pamela said...

Oh! I didn't know that they were little grippers! I thought they were just designs. What a great idea!

Kimbert said...

Ha! These are awesome. What a great idea - no more slippin' and slidin' baby!

Jamie said...

I love "our inpiration" and using the idea for socks for buns!!!

THe box would make such a cute baby shower present... but I'd keep this for myself if I won this.

Sharon said...

I loved that they are both comfortable 100% cotton and functionable. They are so adorably cute too!!!

Suzie G. said...

Stickee-buns are adorable! I like the packaging too. Great idea and one of those "Why didn't I think of that" things. The website says more colors coming soon which I'm interested in. It would be nice to see them in a neutral brown color, like a stickee bun itself.

judybrittle said...

What a fantastic shower gift this would make. I'm sure my niece wouldn't get a double of this it being so unique.

Carolyn said...

I love the way the buns are literally right on the buns! Each set is so cute - I love the pink pants!
Carolyn ceimusic@aol.com

jnmacdonald said...

It's always fun to see people come up with useful items based on simple ideas. I can sympathize with the schlumpiness as my daughter does that too. How ingenious to just add grippy sock material to help.

artmarcia said...

Very clever! What a cute way to solve the age old problem of slippery babies! Necessity is truly the mother of invention.

Angela said...

I think what she did was very innovative. Coming up with something like that, a product all parents have probably needed for years but no one thought of. I love them.

jceko77 said...

The fact that the "buns" are no slip impressed me
jceko77@yahoo.com

JLYNNF76 said...

Cute stuff. It something most certainly for babies.

jlynnc76@yahoo.com

calgirl said...

Pastry Pink gift pack is very cute.

sherri419 said...

How ingenious!!!! I love the no slip factor in these, plus the fabric sounds great against baby's skin!!!

sherri419 at gmail

kananee said...

The stickies are a fantastic idea, but I just like them cause they're soooooo cuuuuuute!!

lokeelanee (at)netzero(dot)com

Peggy said...

So cute! I love the sticky buns, stick and stay great idea. Count me in to win

rosannepm said...

I like the non slip aspect. rosans4@comcast.net

Nissa said...

I love how cute those little buns on their 'buns' are!!

Nissa said...

Oh, and I have your button on my blog!

http://lusciousnis.blogspot.com

masonsgranny59 said...

very neat and cute idea!ty 4 the contest!

carissaad said...

I like that they prevent slipping. Thanks! carissaad at aol dot com

Gianna said...

Wow, non slip too! That is a very creative product :)

valmg said...

Their stuff is adorable. I love the boxes. I'd love to win it for my niece.

jryamada said...

I love your packaging but most of all I love the sticky idea. I have tile floors and my little one who just started crawling needs this sooooo bad.

Erica G said...

I just had a baby and I can't believe how wiggly they are. The no skid sticky bun is a great I love it!

lilyk said...

I was impressed that the non-slip surfaces are already applied to the fabric and are not iron-on's or decals.

Susanne said...

The stick effect is quite impressive!

penguin28 said...

I wish I could have thought of such a great idea like that. Propping a baby with blankets don't always work, but something like this is brilliant.

donna444444 said...

Really good idea. I put your link on my blog.
donna444444@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Cute and functional! I'd love a set of these for my new little cousin!
Jan
jannmc1 at aol.com

Glitter53 said...

Slippery baby bottoms! I remember those! ;-)
We're new Grandparents and I would choose the blue set in 3-6 month size for our new Grandson!
I wish I had found you earlier for the two baby showers I attended this summer!
What a wonderful product you have!
....Lynn

cmwheeler said...

Calvin is such a cutie!

Katie Lyons said...

Awww, thanks! I think so too ;)

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)