home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

7.18.2008

The 4th Mommy Review

The 4th Mommy Review

Today's Mommy Review is for a baby sling by Rockin' Baby Sling!

Lisa McDaniel & Natasha Walsh are the two mommies behind Rockin' Baby Sling: "We are two moms who started our company back in 2002, when we had our first kids, to fill the need for cool, stylish and f'unctional slings. We are firm believers in baby wearing – it is wonderful for parent and baby!"

I've seen a lot of baby slings before, and all that I've seen are one color, or too many colors (ugly fabric, ick), and are kind of thick and scratchy. It's made me a little wary about getting one. So I was very excited to find Rockin' Baby Sling! All of their slings and pouches are just so gorgeous and hip. It was very hard to choose one. I ended up getting the "Everything is Gonna be Alright" sling.


I must tell you, it looks good on the website, but it looks even better in person! The quality is absolutely amazing. The fabric is so soft, I don't worry about it touching Calvin's skin. Plus, one thing I noticed right off the bat, they make it so it doesn't have so much excess fabric! I was so excited to see that. It made it so incredibly easy to use. It took me just a couple tries, but once you get the hang of it it's a piece of cake. And Calvin loved it. At first he was irritated with me because I wasn't used to putting him in it. (Yes, he did his "Velociraptor" yell again, lol, that boy....) But I figured it out pretty quickly and once he was in it, he was as happy as could be.

Calvin is so content just to be with mommy, walking around with her. Plus, this really saves my arms because Calvin's not a light boy by any means! He's pretty solid.(My advice to mommies: Practice using it until you're comfortable with it. It is definitely worth it! You and you're baby will love it!)

PLUS Lisa and Natasha are giving my readers a discount code! Either call in your order with the code BL15% or enter it into the note section of your PayPal order form as you check out! This code will be good through the month of July. Come on mommies (and daddies) and get your Rockin' Sling or Pouch, because, as they say at Rockin' Baby Sling, Moms and Dads are Rock Stars!

http://www.rockinbabysling.com/home/

Note: This was originally a giveaway/review but has been changed into just a review now that the giveaway is over

Stumble Upon Toolbar

37 Thoughts:

Hetal said...

I loved #157 "Hold Me".

herry123_us@live.com

pumpkin said...

I like the "Hold Me" sling. Beautiful colours!

laura.croteau@lycos.com

Michelle said...

The "A Forest" pattern is be-ooootiful!! :)

cadibug said...

I adore "Three Little Birds" (#165). It would look even better with my little guy in it!

Susan W said...

I love the "For Those About to Rock" sling in size m/l
Thanks so much!
suzystars9@gmail.com

pierce said...

I like the Ride-on baby sling the most!

Storm said...

Do you know how hard this is to choose my favorite one?! I feel like a kid in a candy store, I love them all! LOL If I have to choose just one, I'll go with #184, the Sweet Dreams sling. I love purple!

Doreen said...

Love the 'Hold Me' style! Lovely! purposedrivenlife4you AT gmail DOT com

Doreen said...

I have your button up on my blog too!

missreneer said...

I love everything but having to choose one I'd say the Three Little Birds sling.

Thanks for the great contest and Good Luck Everyone :)

donnav said...

I like The Day it Rained Pink Flowers. Perfect for little girls.

Janice said...

Ride on Baby sling is the one I like.

deemkooo said...

Born to be Wild is a fabulous print. These slings are awesome!

strawberry3d said...

my favorite item is the midnight hour sling.

supermax said...

like the Ride-on baby sling

masonsgranny59 said...

Three Little Birds sling.

Erica said...

I like the Someone to Love sling.

egreca (at) dot {com}

One of us Dragonfryes said...

I like the fabric for the Pretty Baby Pouch.Very pretty!
Tina

waseca9@yahoo.com

hdmama said...

Loved the #157 "Hold Me", pattern is pretty.

lilyk said...

I love the Midnight Hour baby sling!

tami said...

as soon as i saw the sweet dreams sling i knew it was for me!!! i'm due in a few weeks- wouldn't this be great for me to win ? hint! lol

Tracy said...

My favorites are Hold Me and Born to be wild.

bndraldy said...

I like the fabric for the All You Need is Love sling which is the same as So Damn Beautiful pouch. Thank you for the opportunity to win!

gunzie said...

My favorite one is the "hold me"! Thank you so much for this fantastic giveaway!
ann dot guns at mac dot com

prindi27 said...

Would love the "Sweet Dreams" sling. would be great for my one month old! Thanks!

Gianna said...

I like:

#089
"Ride On"

amyt said...

"House of the Rising Sun" is my favorite...

amyturner@juno.com

Leigh said...

I love the All the Leaves are Brown sling, esp since we don't know if we'll be having a boy or a girl et. This one is really nice and gender-neutral. My husband has even commented on these slings, saying he would wear them.

Susanne said...

Born to be Wild is my favorite!

donna444444 said...

I like the Rasberry Beret pattern in Hold me style.

Fidget said...

ooo I like the hold me tight pouch

C_Boerman said...

I LOVE #158 "This Lullaby"! It is precious!
Candice_Boerman@yahoo.com

Graceful Babies said...

I LOVE this one
#315

"For Those About to Rock"


Black & White Floral / Black - 100% Cotton

The colors totally rock!!!

I also added a link to my page :)

http://www.gracefulbabies.blogspot.com

smash_cakes said...

I absolutely love the "Pretty Baby" sling! It is so beautiful! And with my new one on the way, it would be an awesome thing to have!!
tbass16@msn.com

Jamie said...

I liked "For Those About to Rock"



jamiemcmillan@gmail.com

nrchason84 said...

"Rock On" Rocks! LOL

Noggy said...

#401

"I Got You Babe"

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)