home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

10.12.2008

the soap box company review



Today's Review is for products from The Soap Box Company!

I l*o*v*e* The Soap Box Company! Jen, the founder, started it when she went on a search for products that were natural and would be gentle for her sensitive skin. She found so many wonderful products that she had to share with everyone, thus, The Soap Box Company was born. And I am so glad that it was! Not only does she have an amazing variety of products (at really good prices), but they are all earth and animal friendly! Plus she reuses her shipping materials, which, when I was selling on Etsy, I found was not only better for the environment, but saves you money, so it is an extra smart thing to do when you're running a business.

I got to try out a few of her products. First up, Haunt Skin Glossing oil in the "Batik" scent. When I first got this, I didn't know if I liked the scent or not, I'm usually a vanilla girl, but after I put it on my skin, the scent seemed to mix with my own to make a sweet, spicy, romantic smell that I really like. It also makes my skin so silky smooth :)


Next up: the I Smell Good in Almond. This is a really cool product that you can either use by itself, if you would like to smell almond-y, or you can add it as a new note to any fragrances you might have. I haven't tried adding it to any perfumes yet, but I can't wait to experiment with it! It's a very strong almond smell, but that's because your pretty much buying something to add to other things. I think it would make an excellent addition to my Vanilla Musk I usually buy, and I'm also interested to see what it would smell like mixed with my new Batik spray....


Lastly, I got a little sample of soap from Magic Hand Workshop, in the scent "Ambre de Nepal". A very deep, woodsy smell that I think is excellent. Makes me think of cuddling up in front of a fire with my man ;) It lathers really well and like I said, smells so yummy!


I was so pleased with all of the items I got from The Soap Box Company, I can't wait to get more!

http://thesoapboxco.com/index.asp

Stumble Upon Toolbar

42 Thoughts:

not a famous adrian said...

Jen is THE most accomodating person to purchase from.
I LOVE the Soap Box Company!!

Kirby McCauley said...

The Moroccan Love Body Butter sounds awesome!

Tabitha Blue said...

The Sugar Cookie Whipped Cream sounds fabulous. For some reason the Official Entry Form wouldn't load on my page. I'd like to enter though :)

reb said...

I would like to try the berry nice soap.

rebbi511 at peoplepc.com

Anonymous said...

Coconut Lotus perfume oil...I bet it smells like the beach!

delilahhhhh@msn.com

Tarah716 said...

The "Dulce de Leche Soap" sounds great!

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

Siddal said...

I love that I can get so many great brands on one site. And Jen's shipping is always very prompt. Most of the time I am a Villainess and Savor lady, but the Halloween Spirit has taken over my life for October and this Golden Pumpkin Polish from Haunt sounds like a must-try!
http://thesoapboxco.com/products/company_products.asp?CompanyID=80

toughturtles said...

ginger lemon soap

Anam said...

The Haunt Batik skin glossing oil sounds like just the thing for my terrible Arizona dry skin.

devilot said...

By far, my favorite item I've tried would be Villainess' "Dulces en Fuego Smooch!" A glorious spicy and subtly sweet scent combined with "magic" that makes it warm your skin upon contact. Mmm, bliss!

leah cole said...

First the ginger soap.....the the body butter. what could be better

thanks for the great offer

leahrcole at yahoo dot com

lisagee said...

Valencia Soap is my pick :o)

Karen said...

Ginger soap sounds great :)

heppy3 said...

I like the Magic Hands Workshop
Mardi Gras Soap.

Sassy Pink Boutique said...

The Double Chocolate Cupcakes Sugar Scrub sounds amazing, would love to try this!!!

info at sassypinkboutique dot com

Sassy Pink Boutique said...

Button up here

www.contestsformammas.blogspot.com

info at sassypinkboutique dot com

Sassy Pink Boutique said...

Blogged here:

http://contestsformammas.blogspot.com/2008/10/soap-box-give-away.html

info at sassypinkboutique dot com

Rachel said...

I love the SB too! I stumbled it and dugg it!

Tamara said...

The Mad City Soap Coeur de Vahine Type Scrub sounds so delicious.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

llinda29 said...

Valencia Soap is just my style

doozercries said...

Bunny Butt Apothecary
Atomic Cherry Amaretto Shaving Soap, i know it says it's unavailable but hopefully they are gonna make some more. I love the smell of cherries and almond. I'd rather use this than shaving cream. Thank a ton!

heaventrees said...

I absolutely adore handcrafted soaps. The Coconut Milk Lemongrass Salt Bar sounds divine. The salt in it intrigues me and the scent of Lemongrass is one of my favorites.

Ricki said...

Wow, the Chaaya Perfume Oil from Cobalt Blends sounds so perfect for fall, and exactly like a scent I would love:
http://www.thesoapboxco.com/products/holiday_shop.asp?offset=18

monky said...

The Coconut Milk Lemongrass Salt Bar sounds awesome!! :)

:) Thank you for the great giveaway! :)

Ardy22 said...

The Valencia Soap looks very soothing

ky2here said...

The TVAL resurface is wonderful. I've used it before.

skytoucher said...

Coconut Milk Lemongrass Salt Bar would be my choice, although the Atomic Cherry Ammaretto Shaving Soap sounds divine. Handcrafted soaps are charming and offer a "welcome home" touch to any decor.

Tabby said...

The Sweet Tooth Whipped Cream description has me drooling. I can't wait until they have it back in stock!

Kathy Martin Studio said...

I like the Mardi Gras Soap.....=)

kathymartinstudio.blogspot.com

KathyMartinStudio@yahoo.com

Smiles,
Kathy

photoquest said...

I would love to try the Zen fascial cream.
photoquest(at)bellsouth(dot)net

DANIELLERX said...

I love the Marshmallow Pumpkin Perfume
-Danielle F

Jennai said...

How could you go wrong with a Lime Margarita Salt Bar! Just the name alone makes me want it!

intime said...

Haunt Batik skin glossing oil sounds vvery mouisureizing

Brooke said...

Crushed Kaboom Bath Bombs

Lia said...

The berry nice soap for me & ty.skyskyaa11(at)gmail.com

klp1965 said...

i love the Super Bad
Pale Pink Assassin Sugar Scrub

cathy2406 said...

The marshmallow pumpkin perfume sounds good enough to eat!

Heather said...

I like Jungle Type Mad City scrub

MoonMaiden said...

My favorite item from The Soap Box Company is the Voda Lavender Bar :)

ols[dot]moonmaiden[at]gmail[dot]com

MoonMaiden said...

Your button is in my sidebar for an extra entry:

http://cherylfree.wordpress.com/

ols[dot]moonmaiden[at]gmail[dot]com

Helen said...

The Milk & Nectar Skin Glossing Oil sounds wonderful!

Tammy said...

The Spirited Baby Perfume Oil is one I think I would really like!

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)