home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

11.27.2008

I Am Grateful For


I am most grateful for my two guys, Aaron & Calvin. They are my life. Every moment I get to spend with them is a blessing. They fill me with love, laughter, and happiness and I just can't get enough of them :) I wish I could make time stand still so we can be like this forever, though I am looking forward to growing and learning together. I am grateful for our health; physical, mental, and spiritual. I would be lost without them in my life and I love them more than anything in this world.



Now for our contest winners! It was hard but I narrowed it down to 5:

"This year I am grateful for my mom. She is my best friend, matron of honor, voice of reason and truly an inspiration and remarkable woman. This thanksgiving is 20 years since she packed up our family, left everything behind and moved us to America from the Ukraine. To say the journey was not easy is an understatement. She has instilled in me values, love of learning and creativity. She always encouraged me no matter what E wanted to do. Everything I am I am because of her. Some 18 years ago we started a Thanksgiving dinner tradition, with all our friends and family coming over our house to celebrate. With the years she taught me how to cook my own turkey, and this year as we celebrate our 20 years in this country, we will have 4 generations of family members at the table. Since I became a mommy recently I only hope to be half the mother she is to me and that my child will carry on this wonderfull thanksgiving tradition."

~Lilia~
http://liliajewelry.etsy.com





"I'm thankful for my husband and my stepdaughter!"

~Charlotte~

http://owllovetostamp.blogspot.com/












"I'm very grateful to have my children they are healthy smart and just the light if my life. After having my daughter I didn't know if I could have any more babies so having my son last year was something I will be forever grateful for!"

~A Family Completed~

http://afamilycompleted.blogspot.com/










"I'm grateful for my husband who is a wonderful provider and friend. I'm grateful for my two adorable boys and their health. I'm grateful for our family and for all of the blessings that God allows us to have each day."

~Melissa~









"Although thankful for so many things: health, creature comforts, occasional time to create, family members.... I am most grateful for my son. He will be turning 5 just after Thanksgiving & is such a joy to be with! His perspective on things helps me remember what is really important, instead of getting swallowed up by all those little things each day. Last week was my birthday so my husband, son & I played hooky at the beach. Here's a composite of 2 photos. It originally appeared on my blog with this quote: "I seem to have been like a child playing on the sea shore, finding now and then a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay undiscovered before me." -- Sir Isaac Newton"

~Stacey Merrill~

http://artsnark.blogspot.com

Thank you so much for everyone that shared what they are grateful for! I loved seeing all your pictures and hearing all your stories :) If you have a story you would like to share, please leave a comment, I would love to spread the Gratefulness :) Be sure to check back soon for another photo contest for the chance to have your picture and story featured along with a link back to your blog/shop! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 Thoughts:

ArtSnark said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day,Katie! Thanks for featuring my response :D

Melissa said...

Beautiful Read thanks for sharing~

Melissa

Shelley said...

Great contest, Katie :) I enjoyed the pics (especially the one with your cute little boy! and hubby!! You are a lucky lady.

saffron said...

That is very sweet!! All wonderful things to be grateful for!!

Sharla said...

Wow, what a wonderful post and amazing contest! I wish I'd seen it before! And that picture of your boys is soo cute! You're a lucky gal. It's funny, my brother's name is Aaron and his oldest son is Calvin. Good names. ;)

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)