home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

11.25.2008

Let's Talk--Moving

(Be sure to read the last paragraph to find out how you can get on my "I am Grateful For..." post that will feature one of your pictures and a link back to your blog or website!)

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since my last Let's Talk post and a lot has happened since then. Last I left you, there were renters in the house we wanted to buy. And now I am excited to say that the house officially went in our name last Thursday!!!!!!

So what happened is that Judy, the owner of the house, didn't know what to do when I told her we were looking at getting a loan and she had just had renters move in. She only was the owner (now I am!), she had land managers that dealt with the renters. So she was stressed because now she knew we were serious, but what to do with the renters? The land managers explained that once the loan went through, they would give the renters a 30 days notice. I felt bad about them having to move out so soon, and I still do. But our neighbor, Matt, who works with my husband, said that they said they would be alright. And they left us a Croquet set as a house warming gift, so it seems there are no hard feelings.

So last Sunday my husband and his dad, my dad, and Matt worked hard to get our new doors in. The front and back doors I'm sure were as old as the house (which was built in 1912!). They had huge gaps in between the frame and the door. We replaced them with super cute fiberglass doors with nice big windows on them to make our house more inviting. I'll post pics as soon as I can :) Though I am kicking myself for not getting a before picture! There's one on my cell, but that's it.

We will be moving into our new house in the next couple of weeks. I am soooo excited! And next summer, when we get our $7500 first time home buyers loan from the government with our tax returns (interest free! They just take $500 out of your tax returns until it's paid off), we will be completely renovating. New walls, new windows, new floors, and we'll also be tearing down the wall between the kitchen and the living room and making a breakfast bar. This will really open the place up. As soon as I get some pictures, I'll post them for you so you can all see my new house!

To insure that I will be posting on here (my Let's Talk section) again soon, I thought it would be fun to do a picture share this Thursday of what we are most grateful for. It could be your family, your house, your children, friends, etc. Leave a comment with a link to the picture, or email me the picture at babylyons*at*live*dot*com by Wednesday night, and on Thursday I will do a "I am Grateful For..." post featuring the top pictures with links back to your blog or website!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 Thoughts:

A Family Completed... said...

Congratulations on the new home! I can't wait to see pictures.

I love this I'm very grateful to have my children they are healthy smart and just the light if my life. After having my daughter I didn't know if I could have any more babies so having my son last year was something I will be forever grateful for!
This is their Christmas picture:
http://i35.tinypic.com/jrr7nc.jpg

Charlotte said...

I'm thankful for my husband and my stepdaughter! Here's a picture of the 3 of us at the wedding: http://www.virb.com/920376564987657/photos/509609

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)