home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

12.13.2008

emerson creek pottery review



Today's Review is for a Ceramic Fruit Bowl with the Rooster Design from Emerson Creek Pottery! ($40.00)

There is something so inviting about a pottery wheel and clay that has drawn me in my entire life. I have always wanted to be good at making pottery, and I don't know if it's a lack of talent or time that has kept me from it. Maybe it's both. Luckily, the people over at Emerson Creek Pottery don't have a lack of either and have been creating the most beautiful pottery since 1977. (I'm sure they've been creating since before then, but that's when Emerson Creek Pottery was opened) All of their pottery is handmade and handpainted. As well as "microwave and dishwasher safe, lead free and ovenproof." And trust me, you will be astounded at the variety of products they have; lamps, vases, dishes, jars, bakeware, trays, tea sets, even toothbrush holders! (and lots more of course) And with 15 different styles to choose from, there is something for everyone.

I was more than willing to put my envy of their talent aside, and review one of their pieces ;) I was not disappointed. To start, I always get so nervous when something fragile is being shipped to me. But when I received this, I realized there was nothing to worry about. They had packaged it so incredibly well, there was no way for it to break. Unless, of course a car fell on it or something. But you get my drift. They have this fabulously thick shrink wrap that adheres it to some of the cardboard in the box, (but doesn't stick to the pottery), so it won't be budging at all. I absolutely loved that. It can really give a person some piece of mind.

And, I just have to say this, how adorable is that rooster? I love the oranges and blues of his tail, they really make him pop. I love the fact that he is handpainted. That really makes all the difference. Also, the quality is so impressive. It is super thick and sturdy. It's definitely not some flimsy piece of crap that you are going to worry about putting anything in. It was made to be used and last. While looking gorgeous, of course. I love pottery, I love the look of it, the feel of it. Knowing that someone actually shaped this into what it is now. It's a beautiful art form that Emerson Creek Pottery has perfected!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

37 Thoughts:

karmajnke said...

I really like the Red poppy bakeware. I would love to have something so pretty in my kitchen!! Good luck to everyone.

Rachel said...

I stumbled it. BittenbyBooks

Betsy said...

i like the "go green" salt and pepper shaker kit. thanks!

dejonge7@msu.edu

lisagee said...

Pinecone Handled Salt and Pepper Shaker Set is really cute and would look good on my table.

dukier44 {at}aol dot com

zoe hunter said...

I love this site!! I collect roosters in my kitchen , so i love:

Rooster Bowl
Great for display or for everyday use, our ceramic rooster bowl will lend your kitchen a charming, old fashioned atmosphere.


great contest, thanks.

Sue S said...

Your Go Green Collection is wonderful. I would buy it just because it's environmentally friend even it weren't so beautiful.

Sue S said...

I blogged about you guys. Good work over there at Emerson Creek!!

StillH2o said...

Anything in the rooster pattern!

Clifton Wade said...

Go Green Collection - Thank you for this great contest and prize. cdwade(@)hotmail.com

kdkdkd said...

I love the Ceramic Pinecone Pie Plate and the Ceramic Red Poppy Pie Plate!

oneinamil23 said...

i like the go green pitcher - gorgeous stuff!!

autumn398 (at) yahoo.com

Bloggy Finds said...

Your button is on my sidebar
http://bloggyfinds.blogspot.com
jeanilynne[at]gmail[dot]com

dawns41 said...

I love the Blueberry Baking Dish.
I planted blueberry dishes last year so any of the Blueberry products would be my pick.
dawns_horizen@yahoo.com

Ken said...

My sister loves the Lavender Dinner Set for Four. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

Janna Johnson said...

I love the Go Green Iced Tea Pitcher!

Thanks for entering me! Great Site!

Janna Johnson

jannajanna@hotmail.com

Jason said...

The Blueberry Baking Dishes

jason@allworldautomotive.com

Thomas Semesky said...

I like the personalize mugs. The IRIS is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

love the buttercup...msmith@yahoo.com

ellen cunningham said...

I think the frilly lavender bowl is very pretty. Thanks for the chance.

sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I like the iris tea set..kbamos@gmail.com

jnmacdonald said...

I love the cranberry brie baker.

yellowlabs said...

Snowman Baking Dish is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

I like the dragonfly pottery.

Cindy said...

The baking dish! I'd have to choose from the Rooster collection cause I have old ceramic roosters in my kitchen. It'd be fun to see that rooster appear as we dish up the food from the dish! Thanks, great site!

cdmtx said...

i love the Dragonfly Ceramic Bathroom Set.

thanks bunches :)

Zipporah said...

I like the Iris Posie pitcher. It's very feminine.

jamaise said...

I stumbled it too:))
http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/www.the-giveaway.com/2008/12/emerson-creek-pottery-giveaway.html
I'm coffecup

purplepassion126 said...

I like the Wisteria Classic Mug and the Lavender Classic Mug.

Chris said...

love it

Greg R said...

Tuscan Olive Ceramic Pottery is very beautiful

djgroz said...

Dogwood Ceramic Pottery salt and Pepper shakers

Veronica said...

I absolutely adore the Dogwood Dinner Set for Four. The colors are beautiful and you can't find dogwood flowers on plates very often. Thanks for a great giveaway :)

Anonymous said...

The go green pitcher is great! Amanda, catss99@yahoo.com

crystal said...

I fell for the Lavender Pitcher right away...Love it:)

cyclona66@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Buttercup is my fave

froggypartyof2@aol.com

Taylor said...

This particular ceramic holder would go fine in my kitchen so im picking it asan item I likevery much on your site and thanks.- Tuscan Olive Cracker Basket. skyxsky27(at)gmail.com

ReinyDey said...

Lavender Pasta Bowls are my favorite.

Thank you,
reinydey@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)