home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

3.10.2009

Alima Pure Review

Alima Pure Review



Today's combined Review is for some amazing natural, mineral make-up from Alima Pure!

Here's a little more info on the company:
"At Alima Pure, we make our mineral makeup using only the purest cosmetic-grade mineral pigments. There are no additives, fillers, or fragrances that can irritate your skin or clog your pores. In fact, the pigments we use are actually beneficial to your skin, offering sun protection and anti-inflammatory properties. So you look your best and your skin can breathe."



Theo: "I barely wear make-up throughout the day save for some mineral blush and foundation, and lately I have been wearing it less and less. Why? Because my expensive 'fairly light' foundation has been making my face breakout. Yikes! And there I am thinking I'm doomed in terms of using mineral makeup, when along comes this fabulous alternative. Organic, affordable, and full of delicious options, Alima is a mineral beauty hotspot. The thing I instantly loved about Alima is that I didn't have to make a commitment to their product right off the bat. As indicated on their website, $1 samples are offered as an option to anyone who wants to test out a few items before dishing the bigger bucks. My second and third favorite things? The products don't make my face break out, and Alima offers amazing advice on which eyeshadows are most compatible in terms of creating a beautiful look! My top recommendations are the following: Foundation in Cool 1 (my previous foundation was a tad darker than my skin tone but finally I have found the perfect shade for my pale skin), Satin Matte Blush in Mimosa (a subtle yet flirty peachy hue), and Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in Eden (such a heavenly green gold color). I appreciated mineral makeup before but now I adore it thanks to Alima Cosmetics!"

Sharla: "Like Theo, I have been wearing less makeup lately but for very different reasons! I just don't have the time. (Although I can't get away with no mascara!) I switched over to mineral makeup about a year ago and have been fairly impressed with the different ones I have tried. But it turns out, I didn't know what it could feel like. I love those little sample jars Alima sent, and agree with Theo that it is so nice to be able to try before you buy. I thought I'd be getting those slathered on a piece of paper samples that won't even last for one application. Not from Alima! Another thing I love is their amazing colors! They look really pretty online but in real life, sha-zing! But honestly? The thing I loved most was how it made my skin feel. Instead of feeling weighted down with makeup, my skin literally felt light and smooth. And for me, that's something to smile about. "

Katie: "I was just as surprised by the generous amount in the samples as well! Just these samples are going to last me a long time, so I can't imagine how long a full sized serving would last. I have never tried mineral makeup before, heard the buzz about it, but hadn't tried it. In testing out Alima, I realized that mineral makeup is the perfect makeup for me. I am not one to wear a lot of makeup, I generally wear my powder, blush, and my eyes being my main focus, liner, mascara, and shadow. I was turned off of heavy, liquid foundation in high school when I realized it was making me break out. So I turned to powder for the lightness. But even powder doesn't compare to how light and natural my Alima foundation and makeup felt. I felt clean, but still beautiful, knowing the fab makeup I was wearing. Plus, I got to try out not only the foundation, but the Primer Powder, which really helps my makeup to stay pretty throughout the day. This is important to me considering it's difficult enough to find the time to put on makeup in the first place, let alone redoing it halfway through the day. And their Apple Blossom Satin Matte Blush is the perfect color for my skin. It makes me look naturally flushed. Their bronzer was fun to try, making me look like I'd been on vacation somewhere sunny and warm. And the eyeshadows are absolutely stunning in beautiful shades that are easy to apply and blend. I think I might be more than a little addicted to Alima Makeup, and I can't wait to try out even more of their gorgeous colors later on!"

Head on over to Alima and try out some of their fabulous makeup for yourself! It's natural, it's light, it's beautiful, and considering you can get samples, it's cheap to try! There is really no reason not to treat yourself to a little makeover ;) You deserve it!
http://www.alimapure.com/


Other fab products from Alima Pure:
(click on photo to go to corresponding product page)



Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 Thoughts:

jamielz said...

I would love to win this. Thanks!
jamielz@verizon.net

Halifax said...

Awww, I love mineral makeup. Was hoping for a giveway there :-)

juan_hurrican(at)yahoo(dot)com

snowmermaid said...

This soumds purer than Bare Minerals!

teg said...

Oh! This looks awesome - will you enter me please? The form isn't working for me :(

teganlovesinternet(at)gmail.com

Thanks!

Sweet Serendipity said...

I'd love to try the balancing primer powder. Thanks
melissa b rich at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)