home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

4.21.2009

My Mom Logic

My Mom Logic



So, for the Mother of All Bloggers contest on Mom Logic they want everyone nominated to write a post discussing their own "Mom Logic". Well, my own Mom Logic involves a lot of the reasons I have always wanted to be a mom, and some stuff I didn't learn about until after I became a mom. Here are my Top 5:

1. You must always ALWAYS, embarass your kids. That's just a parental right in my book. My personal favs; doing a horrible interpretation of "The Robot" dance in the car while blasting cool music, or loudly singing all the words to "Another One Bites The Dust". Without the music. Seriously cool to me, extremely embarassing for him. (Yes, he already gives me the "look" when I do these things)

2. Buy "them" the coolest toys ever that need to go through "strenuous tests" with you before your kid can play with them. And even after they get them, it doesn't hurt for them to be "tested" often, just to be sure they're in good working order.

3. Some would say that you're "too old" to go Trick-or-Treating, but those people probably don't realize that the reason you have 10 kids is because now, instead of walking to tons of houses to get a tiny bag of candy, you sit in the car and let your kids do all the work, with 10x more candy rewards. And no, I don't have 10 kids, but all the candy that could be aquired makes it awefully tempting....

4. Though you may get pooped on, peed on, and puked on often as a parent, don't forget that someday you will be very old, and someday the roles will be reversed. Muahahahahaha!

5. Logically, people think they need sleep. As a mom, I learned quickly that that just isn't true. Puh...4 hours a night is heaven! Especially if it's 4 hours IN A ROW! Who needs more than that? Besides, I think that the sleep deprivation is to help with the memory loss we all get as moms, which in turn makes it so we decide to get pregnant again. I'll be vigilant, though! No on is tricking me into 9 months of being incredibly uncomfortable followed by a couple days of the worst pain imaginable..............again............wait, what was I saying? Oh yes, vigilance! That's the key to, um, to, uh..... to that thing I was talking about earlier.

6. Okay, I had to add a 6th, because it's the most important. The most natural and logical part about being a mom is loving my son more than anything in this world, and doing everything I can to protect him. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. :) I can't imagine life without him, and am so grateful that I get to be the one that raises him. That I get to be his mom. It doesn't get better than that :)




Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 Thoughts:

Sharla said...

Fantastic post, Katie! I love love love to see that personality of yours!

Katie Lyons said...

What are you talking about? I don't have a personality. I'm a robot, duh, that's why I'm always doing my cool dude robot dance....*domo arigato Mr. Roboto*

Charmaine said...

Great Mom Logic post!

Katie Lyons said...

Thanks Charmaine!

Carolee said...

Great post! I embarrass my 11 yr old at least once a day by singing or dancing!

Stop on over to my other blog, Bloggers Connect, and leave your link. Don't forget to check out the other blogs listed.

http://bloggersconnect.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)