home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

4.04.2009

Vaccinating your child

I have to share this blog article with you all. It's about this new information on the case study that said vaccines lead to autism: http://newfoundlandnews.blogspot.com/2009/03/is-autism-caused-by-vaccines-straight.html

You will be shocked to hear this! I know I was! And very relieved because I opted to have Calvin vaccinated. Why, you ask? Because I compared the number of kids that have been negatively impacted by vaccination, to the number of children that died from outbreaks of diseases before vaccinations. Yes, there will always be side effects from any kind of man made drug, but in this case, to me, the good outweighed the bad. And I, as well as my sibling had all been vaccinated. Most everyone I know my age and older are vaccinated and we are all fine.

I'm not at all being down on people that chose not to vaccinate, I'm just explaining why I chose to. Every parent has the right to choose what to do with their child :)

I would definitely suggest helping get the word out on this.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 Thoughts:

Sharla said...

I hadn't even heard that there was any study saying vaccines led to autism. At first I thought you were saying that it was true. I'm glad to know that following my gut was right, too. All my boys are vaccinated.

Kaycee said...

I wouldnt base your entire life around one study. I choose not to vaccinate after reading a ton of research. And being a nurse doesn't hurt either. :)

Katie Lyons said...

Oh, I know! That's why I said I'm not down on parents who chose not to vaccinate. I have a friend who chose not to vaccinate and she has done a ton of research as well.
I just thought it's a relief to know this new info on the autism part of it :)

Anonymous said...

It's great to see this study out there. My kids, too, have been vaccinated. I am with you, the risks of not being vaccinated far outweighed the risk of what might happen to a select few. Just like you I received all the vaccinations and am just fine (well, some would argue with that). :) My step-mom, a nurse also helped because she too is continuing to chose to vaccinate brother. Thank you for sharing this study.

News Around The Blogs said...

I am doing the delayed schedule and my doctor was fine with it. It's pretty harsh to give your kid so many shots in such a short time, it was hard to decide.

lfhpueblo said...

There are Doctor's over in England that are trying to do the following to reduce the number of children getting autism from vaccinations. They believe it is not so much the vaccinations, but rather than multiple virus' are mixed in a single shot, for example DPT, is three items used in one shot to prevent vaccinate against three different diseases. They want each disease to be treated with a vaccination separately, and spaced apart by no less than 6 weeks. They also want the vaccination to be very fresh, not requiring high doses of perservative to be added to the vaccination to preserve it. They say that way the immune system is not overtaxed, and over reacts, nor is the preservative at such a high dose as to trigger other negative reactions in some children. Yes that would mean your child would have to get more shots, and more often than now. Yes that would mean more Doctor's visits, etc., but they say that is worth it, if your child is protected from getting autism from an overly taxed system, from the multiple mixed vaccinations and high doses of preservatives in them, as there is now. They also want the government to consider changing the preservatives in the vaccinations too. Yes, these are less effective, or shorter lasting preservatives, but they feel they are easier on a small baby or child's body. They want one disease prevented, one vaccination at a time.
Personally I think this is a very good idea.
I wish Doctor's were trying to get something like that passed here in the USA.

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)