home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

6.21.2009

skin free review



Today's combined review is for various products from Skin Free

Skin Free is a company that is dedicated to keep the skin FREE! Free from toxins, irritants, fragrances, colorants, petroleum derivatives, and animal products and also affordable. All of their products are 100% natural and 100% non-toxic. In fact, their

Skin Free Extra Moisturizing Soap and Shampoo Bar has recently been awarded the National Eczema Association’s Seal of Acceptance. Read on to see how their products worked for us!

"I had the opportunity to review the Skin Free Extra Moisturizing Soap and Shampoo bar and the After Shower Moisture Spritz. Since my reviews are a bit mixed, I will do a slightly separate write up for each product.

First, with their soap and shampoo bar, I was interested to find out on their website that "Most commercially available “soaps” are actually detergents. They remove skin oils and break down the protective barrier that helps [keep] skin healthy. Removing skin oils causes itching and can contribute to cracking and infection of delicate skin." I have incredibly itchy skin, but at the same time it is very oily. I am always on the lookout for products that can help me with this problem.

I was excited to use this soap, but found that for me, it didn't seem that different from many other soaps. My husband and I have this joke that he likes the sticky soap that leaves him squeaky clean, and I like the moisturizing soaps that leave me soft and smooth. For me, their soap fell into his category. And in fact, he really likes it. It has helped clear up some acne on his back and in fact I need to buy more for him! Unfortunately for me, it left my skin more itchy, even after using the after shower moisture spritz."

Speaking of their after shower moisture spritz, I love it! So many lotions and body sprays leave my skin extra oily and oddly enough, itchy. While this spritz feels oily to the touch, putting it on while still damp and then drying off rubs it in perfectly for an amazingly soft feel to my skin. Using this on my legs has made it where I never have to lotion my legs after shaving! And this has also cut down on the oiliness and itchiness of my skin. So for me, a mixed review but overall I still love the Skin free line!


"I received the Skin Renewal System 1. I honestly have great things to say about this product. The Sweet & Smooth Sugar Scrub actually did an amazing job exfoliating and my skin always felt so clean after my showers. (I wouldn't use the scrub on is my face because it definitely is a little rougher than most facial exfoliators, but for the body it is gently enough!) Also, I experienced a heck of a time trying to unwrap and open the sugar scrub --it was a bit too secured but if my only issue thus far has been with the packaging then that definitely says a lot about the product!

However, my favorite of the two products that I received is the Tamanu Body Butter. It literally leaves my skin feeling so smooth and soft. (My hands no longer feel dry nor do they feel sticky as some overly scented moisturizers tend to do.) Moreover, I have received so many compliments from people who tell me "you smell so good". I credit my new, tantalizing scent to the deliciously whipped Body Butter. :)"

"I also received the Skin Renewal System, as well as an Extra Moisturizing Soap & Shampoo bar to try out. On the bar, I have to agree with Sharla's husband, I absolutely LOVE it! I didn't feel itchy after I used it, I actually felt clean and moisturized. Maybe it's just different skin types between you and I, Sharla. I was also able to use this is an emergency shaving cream; since it's so silky soft it worked perfectly!

And the Skin Renewal System is a-m-a-z-ing! That sugar scrub left my skin so soft, and the Tamanu Body Butter smells beautifully while moisturizing very well. I love to use all 3 of these together to have the ultimate in soft skin. I think the Skin Free products are absolutely fabulous, and the fact that they are natural is such a bonus! I have no problem recommending Skin Free to you guys :)"

Want some Skin Free for yourself?
Visit their website here: http://www.skinfree.net/

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)