home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

7.02.2009

sheer miracle review


Today's combined review is for a Mineral Starter set from Sheer Miracle.



Sheer Miracle offers premium mineral makeup at discount pricing that will give you an airbrushed glow. Our mineral makeup is all natural and contains no chemicals or preservatives.

An important difference between Sheer Miracle mineral makeup and the expensive, big name brands is that many of the big name brands' products contain Bismuth Oxychloride which has been shown to cause some women's skin to itch and/or break out. Using Bismuth Oxychloride can also give a overly sparkly finish to mineral makeup. Sheer Miracle's products are completely Bismuth Oxychloride free.

I never used to take pictures of myself, and I'm not saying I really like to do it now, but at least it gives you an idea of products we review in use. Here is a picture of lil' ol me after using my Mineral Starter kit. Here is what I found. I love the way it feels, I love how it goes on, I LOVED the brush that came with it, but for me personally it didn't do enough for the shine. This is literally right after putting it on and I still have too much shine on my oily spots. At least for my taste.

But here's the deal. My sister came to visit and she does not have oily skin. So I let her try it and she loved it so I let her have it. And she really does love it! She has been wanting to find good mineral makeup and now I know she has something good and safe for her beautiful skin! What I love about Sheer Miracle is that they want to provide great products and prices even I can afford. And I would love to try some of their fabulous eye shadow colors, lipsticks, blushes and more! I hope that Katie and Theo had a great experience. I'm pretty sure your skin isn't oily like mine is it girls?"

"Sharla, you come out nice in pictures so you should take more of them! You have those gorgeous blue eyes!

I too consider Sheer Miracles to be a favorable brand of mineral makeup. I had no idea I would like it so much until my sister asked me one evening, "What do you have on right now? Your face looks so flawless." Truth be told, I didn't have anything much on except for a minimal amount of Sheer Miracles (in Light Cool --which was the perfect shade and did not make me look like a ghost).

Unlike Sharla, my skin is not oily but it does break out here and there. Apparently, Sheer Miracles seemed to do the trick and cover the "danger" zones. And, Sharla, I so agree with you on the magic of the bronzer brush they sent. (I don't know what the bristles are made out of but what I do know is that my face has not experienced any form of an allergic reaction and it applies the makeup beautifully.)

Although I loved the brush and mineral foundation, my favorite item turned out to be the Finishing Powder in Glow. Obviously, I do not wear this everyday because it seems too fancy for walks and work but, oh my goodness oh my goodness, it leaves skin looking absolutely luminous (sort of like Edward Cullen and his vampire family standing in direct sunlight)!"

"I LOVE the Finishing Powder in Glow too, but I do use it everyday. The trick? I put some of the foundation on my brush, and then I add a bit of the finishing powder (about 1/4 of the amount of foundation) and mix it all together. It gives my skin a nice subtle glow that I can't get enough of.

And Sharla is right that it doesn't take the shine entirely away. I have an oily t-zone, but a long time ago I realized no powder was going to take the shine away entirely. That's why I use my super awesome oil control lotion from Mary Kay, and it takes the shine away all day. And with a beautiful powder foundation like my Sheer Miracle, my skin looks beautiful. My skin doesn't look flawless, but it does look better.

The brush I got is fabulous, but I got one to put on bronzer, which is too thick to put on foundation. It put it on too heavy for my liking. I like my powder on as light as possible. So I use my cheap-o brush to put on the foundation, and the bronzer brush for blushes and bronzers. For them it works beautifully. And it is super soft.

Overall, I am very pleased with Sheer Miracle. I think they have done a fabulous job. Keep up the good work!"

Check out their website here: www.sheermiracle.com



Check out other fabulous products from Sheer Miracle!
(Click on the pic to go to the product page)


Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 Thoughts:

kalea_kane said...

Thanks for the review. I have to admit though that I am a little over all the mineral powders out there. I will definitely take a look. :)

Bill and Lorie Shewbridge said...

I've been looking into mineral powders, because I don't use foundation here in FL, but I hate to buy anything without REALLY knowing from REAL people how they work... Thanks so much for the true reviews. I think I'll get these because I don't have a problem with an oily skin and I like only a light coverage. You guys (or should I say "gals") are the best!! :-)

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)