home | tutorials | deals | reviews | subscribe | link | about | contact us

9.29.2009

alchemilla review



Today's combined review is for the Rosebay Willowherb Cream
and Exfoliating Face Wash Cream from Alchemilla.



Both creams are best sellers!

Alchemilla is a skin care company that believes that the natural approach is the only way. Their facial exfoliants, creams, and serums do not contain alcohol, parabens, sulfates or even petrochemical bi-products. Alchemilla does not test on animals nor do they have obnoxious and wasteful packaging. With a focus on providing organic and biodegradable products, Alchemilla has earned a reputation as a trustworthy skin-care company with an environmental conscious mindset.

Here's more on the company: The Alchemilla organic skin care range is hand-made in small batches from potent medicinal and beautifying herbs, many grown on our herb farm in Oregon. We grow, harvest and extract our herbs biodynamically to ensure they are in optimum condition for use in our preparations.

Theo: "My review is a bit mixed, due to the fact that I was not fond of the Rosebay Willowherb Cream. It didn't do much for me; my skin didn't feel satisfyingly moisturized. Moreover, the cream seemed slightly too bland for my taste. It may have something to do with my skin type because I do understand that certain creams work on certain skins. The Rosebay seems beneficial for individuals with minor burns, rashes, eczema and other skin afflications. The box states that the cream is for all skin types but I feel as though it is geared more for sensitive skin.

However, I really enjoyed the Exfoliating Face Wash Cream. I don't know what it was --- the tiny spheres of jojoba, refreshing organic herbal extracts (grown by Alchemilla) or the smooth skin afterward --- but this product won me over. According to Achemilla's site, "Rosemary and Calendula are combined with Sea Buckthorn and nourishing Shea" to create a gentle exfoliator which is neither harsh nor difficult to wash off. How true that is! I loved this product and give it a big thumbs up! Thus, for me, although the Rosebay Willowherb Cream is not something I would add to my beauty regimen, the Exfoliating Face Wash Cream was uber effective and left my skin glowing!"

Katie: "I actually have the opposite opinion from Theo. While I loved how creamy the facewash is, that's also what I ended up not liking. I have combination skin, so I need my facewash to make my face more 'squeaky-clean' than 'creamy-clean'. I honestly wish I could have used it more, because I enjoyed having a nice soft face without having to apply a lotion, but it just didn't work out with my skin type.

On the other hand, I love the Rosebay Willowherb Cream. I would use it only on my specific dry areas and for me it worked like a charm, while also helping to reduce a little redness. So I have been enjoying using this almost daily.

Even though the Exfoliating Face Wash Cream didn't work for me, I would still recommend it as well as the Rosebay Willowherb Cream. If you have the right skin type for either of these products, I think it's worth getting them because they are both high quality, natural, and just overall fabulous products!"

Additional Best Sellers from Alchemilla:


For more information and quality skin-care products,
please visit Alchemilla!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 Thoughts:

avaperry said...

I could use some help with my skin!

kathleen fennessey said...

I am always looking for a really good cream, the cost does matter, along with what they put in it. My skin type is constantly changing due to age and sun damage. this stuff might work.

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)